Accounts Payable Coordinator
Air Tindi Ltd. prides itself on safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism. With a team of dedicated employees it remains in the forefront of fixed wing charter and scheduled service operations in Northern Canada.
Working on a Monday to Friday basis in Yellowknife, NT and reporting to CFO, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the full-cycle accounts payable cycle activities from invoice to payment processing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Vendor invoices:
- receive all vendor invoices;
- match to PO/Receiving documents as applicable;
- code using appropriate G/L code;
- forward to appropriate manager for approval;
- data entry into ACCPAC;
- Forward Invoice Batch Reports to CFO for approval and posting to ACCPAC;
- file in unpaid vendor files;
- Prepare weekly payment forecast for CFO;
- Prepare payment runs:
- match invoices to Payment Batch Reports for management review;
- upload EFT’s to bank, notify CFO for approval, issue Payment Remittance advices to vendors, file in paid vendor files, advise CFO to post batches in ACCPAC;
- print cheques, match invoices to approved Payment Batch Reports and obtain signatures, mail/ deliver to vendors, file in paid vendor files;
- Reconciles vendor statements. Investigate and follow-up on credits and discrepancies;
- Prepares month-end accrual list for CFO. Follows up with vendors to ensure invoices are received and entered into system prior to next month-end;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 3-5 Accounts Payable experience in a high-volume computerized environment;
- ACCPAC expereince is an asset;
- GST/HST knowledge;
- Formal account training is considered an asset;
- Good Excel ability;
- Good mathematical capability;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to perform vendor and account reconciliations;
- Tactful verbal and written communications skills to effectively deal with venfors and internal managers;
- Organizational and time mamangement skills to handle high volume workload with regular interruptions and weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Previous experience in a similar role or setting will be considered an asset.
Apply for the position
Attn: Human Resources Manager
While we thank all candidates for their interest, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for an interview.